Monday, August 11, 2014

Great teambuilding Exercises

Teamwork is something crucial to any business, company or sports team. When it comes to becoming a team or working on leadership it is important to remember these are new people that may or may not know each other. Whether it is a group of new people or seasoned employees, team building exercises can be beneficial on many different levels. Below you will find four examples of teamwork building exercises that will help bring your team together.

Two Truths and a Lie

A group game such as two truths and a lie is a very simple and easy game that can be played no matter how many people are in the room for team building. This game is great for team leaders, new employees and seasoned employees to join in on. In order to play two truths and a lie, simply give each participating person a small piece of paper and a pen to write with. Instructing each person to write two truths and one lie about themselves on the paper. While they are the only ones that will know which is true, the object of the game is to have the group figure out which is a truth, and which are lies.

The leader of the group will ask everyone with a vote by hands on which statement they believe is a lie, the first line, the second or the third. Once each one has been discussed, the person will state which was a truth. This will not only bring the team together but will share some new information on each person and help the team get to know one another.

Mine Field

According to Huddle, the game Mine Field is a great teamwork building exercise to try with a group of people in a large room, or an empty parking lot. For this exercise only a few things are needed, people and the mines. The mines can be things such as balls, cones, or something like a binder. The idea behind this game is to build trust within a team and show that with good instruction and teamwork, things can be completed.

Building the mines in a few different places, create teams of two players to begin. One of the two players will be blindfolded while the other leads them through the minefield and to the end where their partner is waiting. This teamwork challenge will not only show that the blindfolded person trusts the other, but shows that the other can give clear and precise instructions on how to help them through. If the blindfolded person reaches the other, they then switch places and move forward to the next team. This exercise is to teach the importance of communication between teammates and coworkers.

Autograph Bingo

Try Autograph bingo. This game will be a fun and easy way for employees to mingle with other employees and get to know them in a friendly game of competition and bingo. In order to start this game, each player is given a bingo card with facts about their coworkers or teammates.

The objective of this game is for the players to go around and talk to the others and try and match information on the cards with the person's name. The first to get a bingo, will call out and win a prize. This prize can be something as simple as a candy bar, or a small token to have at their desk or locker. All and all this game is to learn more about each other and find out if they have anything in common. This game can continue until each person has a bingo, or be played until someone has a blackout.

Yarn Toss

The yarn toss is a fun and exciting game that can be done in any setting. Whether this game is inside or outside it can be a fun for all and an exciting way to get to know one another. This game is often done inside sports teams, new classes or even at college orientations. This effective and simple team building exercise only takes people, and a ball of yarn. The yarn can be any color and any thickness desired. If desired have it be your school colors, work color, or even team colors. Some people also like to use multicolored yarn to make it more appealing to the eye.

To start the game the leader can take the first end of the string and mention their name and then pick another person and ask that person two questions. Once the person has caught the yarn, they will answer with their name and question answers. The second person will hold a portion of the string, then toss the ball to another person, repeating the same question or a new question. This exercise will continue on to each person and can also continue as long as the ball of yarn is still able to be passed around. Essentially creating a web of teamwork and knowledge. A fun and extra idea of this is to have one other person outside of the group take a group photo. This can be done from afar, or by standing behind the scenes on a chair to get a more birds eye view. These pictures can then be distributed out to each member, or be placed on a bulletin board to show teamwork and provide encouragement.

As you can see, these are some simple and fun team building exercises that can be played at any time and almost in any place. These games are meant to be fun, and if desired, may be a tad bit competitive. All in all it is important to remember these are for teamwork building and getting to know one another. Have fun and enjoy learning more about your teammates and coworkers.

46 comments:

  1. These are some really great suggestions for team building! Thanks so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas for some team building exercises. These might come in handy one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great ideas, may alter them a bit and use them with my kids to get them to start working together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team building is a good thing. These are some very good ideas to help with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are several great ideas. I had never heard of Autograph Bingo - that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autograph bingo sound like fun! I haven't played many of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great team building tips. We did some of these when I was a team leader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like good ideas. Love the game idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the yarn toss game. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really great team building games! Wish they had us do these at work instead of the other crap they try to make us do lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Team Building skills are important. And giving employees a chance to get to know each other in a relaxed setting is a great way to help them work better together!

    Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  12. If a team cannot work together, then the ship will never run smoothly! These are some great team building exercises!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think companies need to work more on team building skills. It would definitely make all the jobs run a little smoother!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are all great tips for team building. Thanks for the great post

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are good. I just recently played 2 truths and a lie. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the Two Truths and a Lie game. I'd like to try the others too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are really great suggestions,I have actually played a few of those.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great exercises! As a teacher, I've played a few at meetings!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are really great team building exercises. I had never heard of Autograph Bingo, but that seems like a fun one to try.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great ideas for team building! I remember doing those rope course activities...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are some great team building exercises. I think my part time job could definitely benefit from those exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Team work is so important. I think I am more motivated when I am in a team.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I used to be a big fan of teambuilding exercises. They definitely also have a place at blogger meetups!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are great! I might use them for my teams at work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. When I worked in Corporate America we had team building exercises like these all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remember 2 truths and a lie fondly. I'm really bad at picking out the lies, but it's still fun.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Group activities like this are fun. And the lessons really do stick.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've never done the yarn toss but I think it's a great idea. Two truths and a lie is my favorite. We even play that as a game with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are great team building activities! I am horrible at the 2 truths and a lie- I can't ever think of anything to give a choices.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are all really good team building exercises. I will pass them on to my husband to maybe share with his employees!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great ideas! I've never done any of them, but it sounds like something I could do... Love 2 truths and a lie... thats amazing, I will be trying!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really enjoy team building exercises. I like to do them with my kids, too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is great for a starting out company or youth group! Love these ideas

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a great post on team-building. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are great ideas for team building. I am going to have to use some for my cheer team.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I worked at a place where we did a lot of team building exercises. It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  37. These sounds like activities I had to participate in when I went to college.I am shy so I never really enjoyed them much.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for sharing. These are great tips for team building.

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are some great exercises. I'll have to try them with my coaching team.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've done a lot of this stuff when I worked in a corporate setting. We even did a ropes course!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Team-building is very important. These are really great ideas. We may have to try these (just for fun).

    ReplyDelete
  42. Good ideas. I enjoy team building activities. Really helps people to get to know each other and usually involves lots of laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've used some of these with my Girl Scout troop many years ago. Two truths and a lie is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are some great suggestions! I love the Bingo idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. The yarn toss sounds like it would end in lots of laughter. These are great team exercises. I've seen things like this in place and they really do seed cooperation.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I would like to play the Autograph Bingo or Two Truths and a Lie. Too bad all companies do not promote good team building skills. I think it would pay off big for the company.

    ReplyDelete