Wednesday, September 3, 2014

7 Things Every Woman Should Carry

A woman’s purse is like her best friend that she takes everywhere with her. It holds all of her favorite things, including makeup, sewing kits and hair bands. If, like most women, you keep as much as possible in your purse, you might want to downsize and make sure you only have exactly what you need. In most handbags women will search for at least 15 minutes before they find exactly what it was they are looking for. Besides the most common things inside a purse, such as a wallet, cell phone and keys, there are plenty of other things to keep inside a purse.

Hand sanitizer
When at the grocery store and even outside public places, you’re touching things that have been touched more than once and often not wiped down. This could be something as simple as meeting a new person and shaking their hand. Sometimes, you might even find you’ve sneezed in your hand and have no tissue around. Those germs can be cleared up and taken care of with a quick squeeze of hand sanitizer. This is a must, especially if you have children.

Sewing kit
As a woman, you might notice that your blouse or even your pants have lost a button. If you have ever had this happen, you know that it can be simply mortifying. This is the best way to keep you from having this problem. With a travel sewing kit, you can keep this from happening. If you find that you have no extra buttons sewn to the bottom inside of your shirt, then simply use a safety pin to keep the shirt or pants together. Sewing kits can be picked up from places like Wal-Mart, or even The Dollar Tree.

Hair accessories
We’ve all been there as women, out on a date or even at work and it’s become so hot or our hair is bugging us so much. What happens? We look everywhere for a hair tie and nothing. By keeping some extra hair ties and bobby pins in the purse you will never have that problem again. Sometimes you might be getting ready to leave the day and suddenly there is emergency meeting but your hair is a mess. By keeping some hair ties and bobby pins you’ll be able to keep your hair looking great in a snap.

Matches
Even if you are not a smoker you might want to keep a matchbook or lighter inside your purse. These can come in handy for times where you have a thread hanging off your clothes, lighting candles on cake, or something as simple as starting a fire during a camping trip. These matches and lighters will always come in handy. Keep a few sets in your purse if possible. Waterproof matches work best.

Emergency money
This might sound tricky, but it is important to keep emergency money in your purse. Keep it in the inside pocket or in a small coin purse and try and forget about it if possible. Keeping this money in your wallet is perfect for when you run in to an emergency such as when your credit cards aren’t working, you’ve lost it, or there is some reason you need to pay for a cab. It’s always important to have cash on hand even for those places that don’t take credit.

Feminine products
As women, depending on the age, we’ve all been in that horrible situation where we needed a tampon or pad and had nothing. The easiest way to avoid this is to purchase and keep at least two products inside the pouch or in a travel tampon bag. This will keep you or someone else in need of it, exactly in the right position. Surely a woman has been in a restroom where the 25 cent machine doesn’t work properly and have had to ask to get one from a stranger. This might not have happened if you kept an emergency one in your purse at all times.

Makeup essentials
By keeping the basic makeup needs in a purse, you’ll be able to go from casual to classy in a matter of moments. Things such as Chap Stick, lipstick, concealer, mascara and some sunscreen, you’ll be able to fix your face in a matter of moments. If you have a dinner date after work, or you’ve been invited out for a drink afterwards, throw on some mascara and lipstick and touch up concealer and you’re ready to go. Keep a small makeup bag for these items and you’ll be ready.

All in all these are things that every woman should keep in their purse. It might seem like a lot, but the easiest way to do this is by carrying it all in a plastic bag or a makeup bag.

31 comments:

  1. These are in fact fantastic ideas in regarding blogging.
    You have touched some nice factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.


    my page; check from google

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all your suggestion. I love purses, but the cute little ones don't always hold the stuff I need for everyday "survival".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where the smaller things come in handy. I tend to keep matches/lighter with me at all times, same with my little change purse to hold my id / money if I'm using a clutch. Of course the list can vary from woman to woman, or man to man. :]

      Delete
  3. I like your list. I don't wear makeup, so I can eliminate that, but I have the rest of the stuff with me most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good suggestions - I have a small clutch so I have a few - not the large items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list. Everyone should have these items available in a emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you take out the feminine products and the makeup essentials, this is a great list for guys as well. Ever since I started working at a vet, I really appreciate hand sanitizer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Chiropractor fusses at me about my purse. I actually carry my DSLR in my purse. LOL! It is a big camera and adds a lot of weight to my purse. It is my best friend though and I can't imagine ever going anywhere without it. I do use my Iphone more than I use to but I still like having my camera with me just in case! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have matches or a sewing kit in my purse, but everything else I've got. I also always carry my Kindle with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. The only thing on this list I don't carry is a sewing kit. Maybe I should though...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have all of the above except the sewing kit and matches. I don't know why I don't have the sewing kit in my purse - I definitely have one that would work well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great list. I don't wear makeup so I don't have that. I also don't carry a sewing kit but that is a great suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always carry hand sanitizer with me. I think my son would go crazy if I didn't, he hates germs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep! I agree with everything you have posted here. I carry all these things, sometimes too many of them but better safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have several small bags that I keep in my purse with my essential items. They are organized and different colors so I can know right where something is and can get to it easily.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great List! My grandmother used to always yell at me about only carrying plastic instead of cash lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can say that I have never needed matches. But other than that I most of your list I have in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sadly I think I carry way too much. I am always the one people turn to when they are out and need something because they are correct that I will have it! I actually need to be carrying way, way less! Definitely a great list!

    Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these suggestions! I think I already carry a few of them around, but I need the emergency money one!!! I never have money though, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes on the hand sanitizer. I also have to carry headache meds!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can think of a few other uses for matches. They kill the oder left behind when you go to the bathroom. You know, if you're worried about that kind of thing. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would also add a small first aid kit. More so if you have littles by your side most times :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I never thought of carrying matches, but you share a very valid point as to why that may be important. I would fear that the matches would rub or something in my pocket book and start a fire. I do carry most of all the other things you mentioned though, naturally, just because of the reasons you have listed. What a fabulous list!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i'm terrible about having money on me. i know i should but I never do

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never thought to carry matches, but there are times when they would come in handy (no one had a lighter for sparklers on the 4th of July). Good tips on what to carry!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always have a hair tie and chap stick. Though money and matches are good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great list! I do wish I carried around a small sewing kit. There have been times when it was needed.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've made some good points there. I looked on the internet
    to learn more about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views
    on this website.

    My web-site ... domain

    ReplyDelete
  28. I agree with all of these. This is why my purse keeps getting larger and larger!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I totally agree about the feminine products, cash, and hand sanitizer. These are necessities for sure. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great list! I love finding new makeup and things like this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...