Saturday, January 10, 2015

Red Rover: Happy Happenings!

Yesterday I was walking home from a friend's house when I saw something spectacular.It was a group of kids singing the songs I haven't heard since I was a Girl Scout and a child. "Red Rover. Red Rover. Send Julie right over!" These kids were so excited to be playing the game they were screaming, laughing and running right through their friend's little arms to break the chain. It was so cute that I stood at the corner and took the following picture. What makes this picture exceptional, is the kids you can tell by the picture, are of different ages. I would say they range from 4-13.

Look at these cutiepies

After I took the picture they group called the girl with the teal jacket (left) to come on over. It was so cute that she ran her fastest to go between the two in the red jackets. She broke through their chain and she was so happy. The woman in yellow supervising told the girl she did awesome and then gave her a high five.

Sometimes, you just have to let go and live life and play. This entire moment is going in my happy happenings for the year. After all, it's great seeing children get along and be exactly who they are, kids.

Carefree.


What are your favorite activities to play with your children?

14 comments:

  1. How fun to see all those kids getting together and playing! We have a bunch of neighborhood kids who love to play after school. Love seeing kids making friends and getting outside to play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen kids outside playing too much anymore, so it was great.

      Delete
  2. How cool. I remember playing that game at home with my siblings and neighborhood friends. We get together with my teenage son and his friends to play paintball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet playing paintball would be fun too. I'd probably not hit anybody and get shot a lot myself, but I'd still try it at least once!

      Delete
  3. I love to hike with my grandchildren - we love the adventure of seeing new things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can remember playing Red Rover when I was a kid. I didn't think they played it any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red Rover was not my favorite child hood game. I was a weakling as a kid and hated when kids would decide to break my chain. We like good ol fashion freeze, red light and green light and tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really neat. I remember that game and loved it. My boys like to play tag. I want to start introducing them to these old games I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember playing Red Rover when I was a kid! My daughter always got injured when she played it with her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like fun! I used to love playing tag as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to just chase and tickle my kids. And take walks to the park. Can't wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like cooking. Also love working in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember being scared of red Rover as a kid! I remember playing with kids who were also bigger than me, lol.

    ReplyDelete