Saturday, January 17, 2015

Dreaming is Believing.

Every day since I can remember I've always been a little bit of a story teller. I've always enjoyed the idea of an alternate worlds where I could drift off to, and get so engrossed. I remember I use to write stories for class, and even outside of class. I would daydream of these people and their lives and who they wanted to be. I have always had this gift, and even when I gave up on myself, others did not. My family, my friends, even strangers told me to follow my dreams and become a writer. Do what I love and be the person everyone knew I was to be.





It might sound corny, but this year one of my resolutions was to follow my dreams. It was a resolution I didn't tell anyone, because much like some of my writing idols; Stephen King, V. C. Andrews, and Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain), I too didn't believe I could always do it. I struggle, I self criticize, much like anyone else trying to truly follow their dreams, I have my moments. Let's be real though, we all get that way sometimes about one thing or another, it's natural.

So, there I was walking around the +John Ascuaga's Nugget and I see a poster for the local  +Tahoe Players Alice in Wonderland it struck me like a bolt of lightning. I should contact them and see if I could write a review on their show. I contacted the group via Facebook as an effort to try and much to my disbelief, I heard from them. I am now going to get an exclusive look at the behind the scenes and be able to learn a lot more about the company. On top of this, I will be going with my family to see the complete show on January 24th, 2015. I hope that I can do them justice and share their gifts with the world while giving my honest opinion. 

 

It just goes to show that every one step is one step closer to following your dreams. 

I believed in myself, put myself out there, and it happened. I took the initiative, and I am living it. 
I am on my way to becoming a writer with a voice.

What is your dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog