Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Annabelle Creation 2017 Movie Review


Movie Review for Annabelle Creation (2017)

It’s common that many people think of horror movie sequels as a horror story themselves. Let’s be honest, most sequels are awful! However, when it comes to 2017 “Annabelle Creation,” director David F. Sandberg got it right. This film was not only a look into the origin of the Annabelle doll, but gave look into how a true evil was born.

Though movie fans might have felt left underwhelmed by “The Conjuring 2,” it seems they can retrieve their joy again with this year’s Annabelle flick. In the beginning of the film viewers find themselves meeting a set of young girls in a group home. Their new group home however, happens to be unbeknownst to them, a haunted house. Led bySister Charlotte the girls are a variety of ages, up to at least 14. Janice (Taliha Bateman) who has polio, and her best friend Linda (Lulu Wilson) are the main focus at first, as they are the youngest. 


Staying in the Mullins house, Samuel and his wife Esther, have taken in the children to bring noise to the home again. After a horrible accident to their daughter Bee, they had not had a child’s laughter in their home for years. Whenever Esther is in need of her husband, a bell will ring. This bell is surely an eerie sound.

As it goes, of course there is one rule inside the Mullins home, do not go into the one locked room. What is in the room you ask? Bee’s room… is something of its’ own interest. Without further hesitation, somehow the door opens for Janice, and in she goes. With her entering the room, behold she finds Annabelle. 

I won’t give more away than that because really people need to see this film! It’s one of the best films in the series thus far, and gives a glimpse into what looks like might be a possible segue into a new film involving some shadow figure. Oh do I hope so!



My Humble Opinion of Annabelle Creation

 
I have to say, I went to the film alone and I was scared. I’m not  ashamed to admit that I found myself jumping. I also found myself commentating out loud for them to run away and don’t ever go back. I wasn’t alone. Other people in theater were making their own comments too. My favorite was the elderly woman at the top section who yelled out “You stupid B***h get out of the damn house!” Probably the best thing I’ve heard in my life. I hope to be that lady when I’m that age. I probably will be with as much as I love horror films.

Let me be clear though. There is one point in the film where the girl says she wants some souls, and it’s probably the WORST part of the entire film. Other than that, I’d give this movie a solid 9/10.

 

Did you see Annabelle Creations? How did you like it? 

Comment below and let’s talk.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog