Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Little Fires Everywhere: Finale Review

For those of you whom haven't watched yet, Little Fires is a new Hulu series based off the book. I haven't read the book, however as there are many great reviews, I may have to pick it up. Not only do I want to add another book into my reading arsenal, but like many other viewers, I need to know what happens next.

Now that I've finished the little fires series, I have many questions left unanswered. I want to know what happens next for the entire town of Shaker. Where do we go from here? We already know who started the fire... but what happens next?


Click Play for Trailer: 




Little Fires Everywhere Finale Review


SPOILERS AHEAD. 


PROCEED WITH CAUTION.


Okay, I've been watching diligently like the rest of you viewers and I have to say, I loved the twist ending of who started the fire. Having said this, I can't stand that we don't know what happened next. Where do I begin? SERIOUSLY. WHERE?!

Let's start with the basics and in no particular order.

  1. Mia let Pearl meet her birth parents.
  2. Moody found out about Pearl & Trip.
  3. Lexi admitted she had an abortion and stole Pearl's story to get into college.
  4. Izzie came out & ran away.
  5. Bill went to smoke and drive around and get a "pacifier."
  6. Elena is truly heartbroken that her daughter is missing.
  7. Pearl wrote a beautiful entry about how she feels 
  8. The kids started the fire, except Izzie who initially did not start the fire 
  9. Mae Ling was kidnapped by her birth mother after losing in court. 
I think that's about all the important things that happened in this episode.  One thing I would like to mention is that little flour town. Which, may I say, is probably the COOLEST type of art that I've ever seen. This town made of flour is all about the symbolism too.  The town of Shaker, in the eyes of this beholder, are all essentially trapped in their lies and deceitfulness. In the monologue by Mia, we hear all about this. It's a nice wrap up, but still leaves the world to ask. What happens next.




Seeing Elena mourn for her daughter's departure by the flour town, after all the mistreating she did, is heart breaking. It really reflects that even as a mother with a difficult relationhship with her child, she will always love her. Even with that horrible fight and saying the words "I never wanted you." I know a lot of people truly dislike Elena and find her selfish, but I find her to be one of the most honest people in the entire series. She not once faltered who she was, and even when she was feeling desperate and alone, reaching out to an ex, never went against her husband Bill. She had her faults, I'm not saying that. Not accepting that your child is gay, is terrible in itself. Pushing your children against eachother and the best to be perfect, also not a good life. Elena did want her perfect life, and she did get it. Bill did provide for her, and sadly Bill did deserve better. All 4 of her children were stuck. I can't believe Elena took the blame for the fires. What will happen next there? Will she go to jail? 




Lexie. I really wanted to dislike you, but I started really liking your character towards the end. How you brought the family together after stopping Izzie from burning down the house. I thought it was fantastic. You are the one who stood up and was like NO MORE. This is not an okay family. We're all messed up, and screw this sham of lies, and perfect living. Telling your mother the truth was a bold move and I'm glad that you finally did it. I'm proud of you for standing up and saying you got an abortion, that you lied on your entrance paper. I'm glad that your character turned out to be a bad ass fire starter too. It's kick ass how you turned around. 

Izzie running away because Pearl and Mia leaving is not surprising. The bond that the two of them had was unbelievable. It wasn't a crush, but a longing for a mother who loved her and accepted her, just as she is. Izzie fought herself and her urges for her entire teenage life. Her friends betrayed her, calling her gay and comparing her to Ellen. Which, okay at the time, it was still a big deal that Ellen was gay. Now we all know it's okay, and to just keep swimming. Seriously though, Izzie deserved better and I really hope that she did get something better. Her family treated her awful, and she was the outcast. She needs someone. But, in this show, we'll never know unless they bring a season 2. PLEASE BRING A SEASON 2. 





Moody and Trip. I'm sorry Moody, but your character to me was just useless. You weren't really that exciting, you were pretty boring, and you whined ALL THE TIME. Give me a break, your brother and your "girl" fell for each other. She never showed an interest in you, and only wanted a friend there. I'm glad that you finally figured it out. Maybe all your sorrows burnt down in that house too. Good luck son. I hope you're better in the book. I didn't care for your brother too much either until he started dating Pearl. It made sense. She was the shy girl, he was kinda the dumb jock who actually had something there and something going for him. You guys both kinda annoyed me over Pearl though. What was it about her? 

Mia, even though she was in no relation to her child, was a great mother. I know in the end we know that she stole a baby that she was suppose to give away. She was originally a surrogate and by NO MEANS do I agree with what she did, but I am so glad she made it right in the end by letting them meet. However, I need to know how it went. What happened next. Did they forgive you? Did they bring on hellfire? What could have happened in this situation. I really need to know. Don't you guys?

Summing Up...

My thoughts on this entire episode were that it was great. I really hope that the Little Fires Everywhere sequel is in the works or we get a Little Fires season 2 happening soon. I really need to know the answers to those burning questions I have.

Where is Izzie?
Did Pearl get to meet her birth parents?
Do Bill and Elena stay together?
Do the kids get in trouble for burning down the house or does it all land on Elena?
Will Izzie and Elena ever work things out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog