Thursday, April 23, 2020

Get Off My Lawn! Game Review


Get Off My Lawn Game Review


As of lately +Steam brought a new free to play game to players worldwide. This game is called Get Off My Lawn! In the beginning of the game Murray and his dog are asleep on the couch when something mysterious arrives. When he opens the door he finds himself greeted by a blue alien who is trying to make peace and say hello by giving him a gift.




Isn't this little guy cute?
Unfortunately for this alien race, Murray is not having it. As the game begins you find yourself on the porch playing as Murray watching his lawn with his shotgun as more aliens try to approach him. The objective of the game is quite simple, shoot the aliens (poor little guys) and keep them from reaching your porch. 

During the game you will shoot the aliens and try your best to keep them away. Each time you recieve orbs that are worth different amounts. In the bottom right hand corner are three advantages, I like to call them lifelines; Cane Time, Infuriate, and Soundwave. These can also be purchased in the shed (main menu) to empower Murray even more. The objective is clear, keep the aliens from reaching the porch, but the more times you do well the higher your multiplier.


As each level progresses the little blue guys get more difficult to control. They have vests that have rocket packs. They move before you can shoot, causing you to miss. Some of them are stronger than others and take a lot of bullets.

If for some reason they do reach your porch Murray has three lives before he is abducted and the game ends. Your orbs do turn into money however which allows you to buy upgrades for your weapons and home. These upgrades do come in handy as the game progresses.  I've struggled to get past level 7 myself  - I'm hoping to get some of these upgrades soon!

I've noticed since I started playing this I can't seem to stop. It's just a fun little time wasting game and it's great for hand eye coordination. I tend to use space and the arrow keys rather than the mouse. It's easier and I feel like I have way more control. I'm really having a lot of fun with it and between it and +Plants vs. Zombies I'm having a lot of fun playing these tower defense games.

For a little tower defense game this is a really fun game and offers achievements (bragging rights) for those who own the game. Looking for the game to play? Download the steam client here, and the game here. The game is free and who doesn't like free games?

Are you a fan of tower defense games?

40 comments:

  1. My hubby loves games like this. I am definitely going to tell him about this because it's right up his alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I'm having a blast. Plus like I said it's a free game, and the client is free too. If he downloads it he'll have access to many other computer games available through Steam. The possibilities are endless.

      Delete
  2. Ha this fun mindless games are a great way to pass the time while waiting around for appointments or killing that last 5 minutes of your break when you refuse to return to work a minute earlier than you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The theory of the game sounds like fun, I like time management games, or games that you have to race the clock to show off your skills. Sounds like something my boys would like to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute! My daughters had a Sega game - Zombies ate my neighbors or something it was called - and it looked a lot like this one, though the graphics weren't nearly as good. It was a favorite of mine to play with them because I'm terrible at video games and it was easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun! I love tower defense games. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a friend who claims to be a 'GET OFF MY LAWN' guy ... he needs to hear about this game!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these kinds of games to pass chunks of time. I also really enjoy puzzles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Get off my lawn" such a funny game, but I must say that the developer is so creative. I am going to try this game :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a fun game. I am always looking for free games to play while things are slow at work. I will check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hooked on Facebook games but I hate that you only get a few lives. I need to check out games like this one so I can play nonstop.

      Delete
    2. Have you played Plants Vs. Zombies, Pam? You'd probably really like that.

      Delete
  10. This sounds like it's super addicting! I really like the art style. Poor little blue guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get Off my Lawn- totally sounds like my Husband, lol. This game looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds interesting. I like computer games and apps as a distraction when I'm stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My son in law loves games like this. He's currently hooked on Plants Vs Zombies but I'll let him know about this one so he can check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love tower defense games, they are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of them being called tower defense games before. But I love the idea and my kids would enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know these were called Tower Defense games. I would enjoy this - I know the kids do already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't know this either until just recently. I found out that almost 3/4 of the games I have on Steam are this type too!

      Delete
  17. Wow this looks really cool! I need to tell my husband about this (or do I, lol!) he and my oldest love stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like a cool game! Why not take a grumpy neighbor and have fun with him - animation style

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a neat game. I like the graphics they are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I almost feel guilty about it when I'm shooting the little cutiepies. They're so cute! hehe

      Delete
  20. I don't play a lot anymore. This one sounds like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sounds like a lot of fun. I bet my son would love this. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks like such a cute game. I think my husband would enjoy playing this for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love this game. Imagine playing a game about your grumpy neighbor. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm not a fan of Tower Defense games but my 10 year old son is. He might be interested in playing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun game. I love the title and that it is sort of PC.
    Estelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is new to me. Our son is almost five and just getting into playing online games.

    ReplyDelete
  27. that looks like a super cute and fun game. I will have to tell my daughter and husband. they love playing that type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love finding fun games to play. The kids are always looking for something new. This looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks cute. I bet my husband would even get into shooting the aliens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks like a fun game to play. I will have to give it a try. I love playing these type of games.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds like a fun game! I know my kids definitely had a plants vs. zombies phase and this looks very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both my kids & husband are crazy for games like this & I am sure they are going to love this one. Being filled with a fun theme I am sure this is going to bring more excitation around.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks like a fun game, I really need to let my son try it out. He's all about games.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This sounds so fun and totally addictive!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog