Friday, February 28, 2020

Cats Wont Get Along: Help


Tips for cats to get along are found everywhere on the internet, but let me tell you something. So far, nothing has helped! My boyfriend and I have recently started living together and our three cats are having a heck of a time. Where does one even begin? I've got three problems.







Problem One: Boots and Socks don't get along anymore.
Problem Two: Socks and Jo (his kitty) swat, fight and gnarl/hiss at each other.
Problem Three: Boots and Jo fight like they're is no tomorrow and fur flies.







Let's give a little background shall we? It's 2020. I live with my boyfriend now and we are cohabiting along with our animals. While my two fur babies use to get along they currently do not any longer. I don't know if it's because we moved so quickly. Maybe we moved them in a bad way? We did kind of throw it on them. Suddenly they went from a one bedroom apartment into basically a one bedroom. They haven't been free to roam the downstairs of the house, they've only been shifted from the bathroom, to the second bedroom and the bathroom here upstairs.

From the ASPCA to the blog down a few from this probably, I've found tips saying this was the right thing to do! We went ahead and did everything we were suggested to do and I can't tell if it is working or not. I feel like it's a possibility but we'll see what happens. Repeatedly different blogs and sites say that keeping them apart, then rotating them out is a good way to help the cat scents exchange without physical contact.

Socks and Jo

So far we've tried Socks and Jo together in the room and they seem to be the least aggressive out of the situations we've tried. We've got Boots and Socks to be in the same room without fighting almost through the whole night, until both cats were awake. Socks was trying to go potty and I think Boots spooked her. The first time, I know there were scratches on my arm. Hopefully the next time we do it they wont fight. That's progress, right?

Jo and Boots

We haven't actually tried these two cats together in a while. Not since the other day when I accidentally put Boots with Jo in the same room. Jo was in the room minding her own business and then Boots got in her way. When I went in there, it was a mess of fluffy hair and a whole lot of growling. I don't know which cat it was that caused the hair loss, but it still happened. The boy hates this. He wants the cats to get along too. I want to try these two together again, but I'm afraid it will cause another fight.
Socks and Boots

I know it's weird these two no longer get along, but sometimes they need to get along. They use to live together and now they barely stand each other. Socks hisses at Boots and Boots chases her into hiding. Socks isn't trying to be a bully which is weird, but dang does she hiss at Boots or any other cat now. These two shared a home, why can't they get along? Silly cats, they should know they're all loved.


In the end we have to do everything we can for these three cats to get along. Does anyone have any tips or tricks they think would help? We both love our cats, but neither of us want our cats to not get along. We want the fur babies to get along and be one big cat family. It's true as silly as it sounds, the cats fighting is causing a lot of stress for everyone.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog